Saturday, August 11, 2007

Easy


I've discovered today while looking at some photographs that it's easy, much easier to look pretty, laugh and be happy for someone else, than to take the time to figure and learn about what makes you happy. I think jumping from relationships has really allowed me to just depend on someone else to show me happiness, while I never took the time to understand what a fascinating person I am. The aftermath of everything... I now take the time to love myself, and do things that will make me happy, and it's allowed me to discover my talents, likes, dislikes and values. There's no longer a desire to look on the outside to validate myself.

Have we all gotten too lazy now? Do we spare our values for someone else? Has life gotten so difficult for some people, that the comfort of another person makes it seem that life is fulfilling? How many of us really understand what it means to have another person in his/her life.

It hasn't been easy for the last couple of weeks, but I have learned so much about myself, and these things wouldn't have happened if I weren't alone. I now know that I was never 100% fulfilled in any of my relationships, which isn't such a terrible thing; it just made me realize that being by myself is just so much better.

But yes, many of us fall into the trap of finding someone, and letting him/her define our notion of happiness. Take some time to discover who you are, because each of us is unique and possess something special to give back to the world.

No comments: